Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday June 17, 2011
Fitness Goal Day 3...
All right, I'll admit it...today's ride hurt at the end. Perhaps it was the distance increase I convinced myself I could accomplish (Rode a total of 30.2 miles, a 1.7 mile increase over yesterday's ride), or maybe it had something to do with a slightly wonky eating schedule as I adjusted meal times yesterday...probably a combination of both. Nonetheless, I was happy to be done and my legs will definitely need a walk later this evening!
Knowing I burned off 1,690 calories sure rocks my little world, though!
Under the advice of someone far more knowledgeable than I on these matters, I will rest some this weekend...though I am quite certain I will still do SOMETHING, I do see the benefit of allowing the body time to rest and recover when it is being pushed hard on a regular basis.

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” ~Amelia Earhart

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good for you... Requiring a belt is much more significant than whatever you weigh.

    Nice that you walk. "Bone work" is important because of the need to coax the red blood cells to reproduce in the bone marrow.

    Very smart to rest when it hurts. You can still do "quality works (staying aerobic with short, high intensity, bursts...10-15 secs)."

    You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me, I would love to hear from you!