Monday, February 13, 2017



I will seek to act with empathy in all things, putting myself in the other person's shoes before passing judgment.
I will take a breath, listen patiently, and find the common ground.
I will choose to give preference to others, relinquishing the notion that my convenience is the utmost priority and giving up the desire to always be first.
I will seek solutions to conflict rather than harboring bitterness, and I will pursue positive thoughts instead of jumping to conclusions that assume the worst.
I will speak my mind gently without degrading someone else with my words, while recognizing that their opinions carry equal value to my own.
I will strive to act with courage when challenges or injustices arise.
I will behave in a civil manner and refuse to sink to foul speech when I am angry or unfairly treated. I will communicate with honesty and gentleness from a position of humility, recognizing my own human frailty.
I will try to offer peace and resolution in place of conflict whenever it is in my power to do so.
I will purposely seek out opportunities to help others whether by a tangible gift, assistance with a task, or simply a kind word.
In all I do, my goal will be to leave every place and every person blessed in some way because of my interaction with them.
May peace and kindness govern my hands, my tongue, and my feet as I travel this path.

Short version: "Be nice, dammit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me, I would love to hear from you!